Monday, August 11, 2008

lardeedarh

I am still sore all over from that little bit of running around I did at basketball on Saturday. It hurts to walk. This must be how old people feel, except every time I go "ouch", I get this deep sense of satisfaction. Yeah, that's right. I'm aching from EXERCISE.

The basketball was great fun. Had an awesome time doing the Esther-wave on court, and even more cheering for everyone. IMC owned all (in my eyes). Great job, soldiers!


Lesson #4546 in winning at school:
If you have not finished doing your homework, do NOT do it in the class of that particular subject, on the day that it is due. It screams "I AM GUILTY". Instead, pretend you have everything under control and hope like hell the teacher forgets. Importantly, do not fear. If he/she actually remembers and decides to check - i.e. the "who has NOT done their homework" situation - be the first to put up your hand.
The others will follow.
I promise.


And it's your lucky day, because you get a double dose!


Lesson #3265 in winning at school:
If you are feeling extremely sleepy in class while the teacher is explaining something on the board, frown a little. If you're lucky, your teacher will think that you know something that they don't and out of pride, will not question you. At the very least, they will think you are just a little slow, but hey, at least you're making the effort. They will not tell you off.
Don't ask me why, but it works.
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, do the eyes-closed, book-on-table, look-like-you're-deep-in-thought thing, no matter how awesome a trick you think it is. Teachers know this little tactic. They do it all the time when they're "marking the year 9 tests".


I used #3265 today. Except I think my Physics teacher knew I was sleepy, but he assumed I was still making the effort to understand him.
Importantly, I didn't get told off.
So there we go.


I really should study for my test and EPW tomorrow.
Time to go.

No comments: