Tuesday, December 11, 2007

somebody woke up a little cranky

one of my relatives (an aunt) MSN-ed me this morning (it's amazing how technologically advanced they're getting), and after the usual small talk and pleasantries, she asked me the question that all aunts just looooooooove to ask.

unfortunately, it is a very annoying question.


aunt: so, got any boyfriend yet?
---(-_-") ok, here we go---
kim: nolah.
aunt: sure or not?
---OF COURSE I'M SURE LA. YOU THINK I SIMPLY LIE TO YOU AH---
---actually, that's exactly what you think---
kim: yes, i'm sure.
aunt: ya meh?
---why do you bother asking if you already assume i have one, huh? SERIOUSLY, save yourself the trouble and me the frustration---


it would be alright if they asked you, and actually believed you when you give them your answer. but there is only one correct answer to that question:

"yes, i have a boyfriend. he is very clever, and rich."

it's not just the relatives. my friends back in miri like to ask too. and the conversation plays out almost exactly the same way.
forget that i am only 16, forget that i am totally uninterested.
sometimes i wonder if it would be less frustrating to just make one up.

i really do love these people to bits.
but sometimes, i just wish they wouldn't.


1 comment:

jsncruz said...

Why are you not interested..?