Wednesday, December 12, 2007

on pounds and ladders

i was having a chat with a very dear friend of mine over MSN just then. we haven't seen each other in years, but we're still pretty good friends. the first thing he says to me today is...

"kim, i'm overweight."

he's always been a little bit on the chubby side, but he's chubby cute, you see. the conversation then plays out...

him: i weighed myself just now... i'm 113... kg, not pounds. i didn't realize i put on so much weight.
me: really. where do you put it all?
him: in a backpack.
me: *ignores* how much are you usually tho?
him: around 90-105 kg like that. (he's not short la!)
me: well... if it makes you feel better, i'm about 105-110.
him: pounds.
me: uh huh.
him: really meh?
me: what, you don't believe ah.
him: ...not really. you so light meh?
me: -______- 105 is about 48, 110 is about 50.
him: yeah. very light wad.
me: (suddenly thought of something) does it help if i tell you that i'm only 160cm tall?
him: oh. OHH. ahhh.... now i see...


man, i really love talking to people like this XD.
*not being sarcastic. really.*


work today was not a particularly fulfilling affair. i was left by myself for a few hours in a department i had no clue about... and then i received instructions via a piece of paper, telling me to get a big ladder and move stuff around.

so i climbed up and down a ladder that was taller than me several times, to remove hampers that were really rather big, from a shelf that was really rather high. managed to cut myself in the process (don't ask me how).

the ladder is weird. it's one of those clever designs with legs that are shorter than the wheels so that you can roll the ladder around. once you put weight on it tho (i.e. climb it), the springs depress and the legs touch the ground at the same level as the wheels so the ladder becomes stable.

basically, the ladder is shaky, but will become safe and steady once you start climbing and put your weight on it.

yeah right.

it's obviously designed for sumo wrestlers.

become stable my ass.

2 comments:

jsncruz said...

You're a light girl.

kim said...

not really.