Monday, December 17, 2007

bananas and ladders

being the most accident prone person that you are ever likely to bump into (literally), i'd used up most of our band-aids at home. so i went to the pharmacy before work this morning to pick some up in case of emergency (e.g. in the event that i accidentally cut my left foot off. God forbid -_-).

however, GENIUS that i am, i left my wallet at home.

this was not only very embarrassing when the lady at the pharmacy gave me this aww-you-poor-little-idiot look, but also horrible because it meant i couldn't get lunch, and i hadn't had breakfast.

i was reminded of this sad fact when i finally did get my lunch break, and my workmate jumped around in front of me going "subway? foot long? *hand actions*". all i could say was "no... *sad look* left my wallet at home", to which he gallantly replies "hey, no problem", brandishing a red twenty in front of me.

but seeing as i'd only known the guy for ten days, i shook my head and settled with bananas for lunch. thank God i brought two. not quite enough, but not too bad.


in other news, i took a ladder to the head today.
sigh.
i was just standing there.
in front of a ladder leaned against the wall.
then it suddenly tipped forward, and hit me on the head.
painful.

guy: you should report it.
kim: why?
guy: dunno. you can get like, medical fees if you need them.
kim: it's just a bump.
guy: hey, who knows. you might need to amputate your head.


sigh, i don't wanna go to work tomorrow.

No comments: