Saturday, October 08, 2005

old photos

last night jane [cousin] came over, we sort of persuaded her to have supper here. she came inside and looked at the photographs we have on our living room wall

one of them was a photograph that was taken ten years ago. it had all us cousins [who were already born at the time] in it. so we were standing there, right, and we were all thinking about how different we all looked. jane was my age at the time and had glasses, sam was three and really cute [which she isn't really anymore] and i was a lot shorter [if you can imagine that].

but the most unbelievable person in that photograph was Andrew. Jane’s brother, my cousin - ten years ago he was six. OK, admittedly, he had the biggest head in the entire photograph; but he was so so so so so cute as a little kid. Ten years later, and there is no one who has any idea what happened to him. Seriously, he's like... totally un-cute...


So we started looking at more old photos, right, and mum took out me and sam’s baby photos. That was really really funny, cause sam was the cutest little kid, but she was NOT a pretty baby. We laughed and laughed and laughed because of that.. she's good now, though..

then we all agreed that I was a very beautiful baby………………. boy. Almost everything was great, except that I looked like a boy. Just so you’re clear, I’m NOT a boy, contrary to what some of my friends may say. I had a ‘button’ nose [quote from jane], but somewhere along the way, it blew up to be the size of an avocado. Sam [I’m glad to say] looks a lot better than she did 13 years ago.

Jane said she was a really cute as a baby, which I believe for some odd reason. But somehow I can’t picture her as a little kid, maybe because she was almost ten when I was born.

I’m sorry I can’t show you the photo we were looking at. I look really dumb [cause I was, and still am], and I know all my cousins will probably kill me for displaying it for the whole world to see..

No comments: