Saturday, February 04, 2006

it doesn't work

err... i feel obliged to blog about my first few days at school. it seems to be the biggest issue going on with high school kids at the moment. so prepare yourself.

so... i arrive at school on wednesday and see this heap of people that look soooo friggin familiar to me. i try to find the word to describe why this is such, and it dawns on me that these are the people i call my friends. to be honest, some of them were a little fuzzy to me and i had to think a while before remembering their names. no shit. i'm not saying this to be funny. i seriously had to USE MY BRAIN. well, part of it anyway.

that said, i didn't give a crap about most people anyway. this is not turning out to be a happy post. sigh~ ok, let's turn it around a little. I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING MY TIMETABLE CAUSE I GOT ALL THE SUBJECTS I WANTED. IMAGINE MY - sorry, caps lock will now be turned off - imagine my absolute horror when i decided that my form class was PHYSICAL EDUCATION.

God definitely has a sense of humour.

that was not, however, horrifying enough to shadow the TOTAL MORTIFICATION i felt when i found out that two of my friends had been CHECKING MY COUSIN OUT. yucks man!! how disgusting is that? and the worst part is, they established his supposed 'cuteness' even BEFORE they knew he was my cousin.

moving on. thank God no photog with err... you know who. thank God got photog with mr. nett and sarah. mixed feelings about having moey in the same class though.
sarah: *gazing around the area* omg. moey's in our class.
kim: *half asleep, looks, sees moey's cheeky face. promptly jerks awake and face changes from pig-like trance to pure astonishment. sarah promptly cracks up*

again, God has a sense of humour.

ms. yip is THE AWESOMEST CHINESE TEACHER EVER. she can shut amy up with a few curt words spoken in her staccato malaysian accent. AMAZING. "stop giggling. it's not funny" and instantly there is peace. and she's damn funny. she was speaking to the class yesterday and suddenly, it struck me that her face and mannerisms were HILARIOUS and i cracked up. only to find that sarah beside me was half doubled over with barely contained laughter. lyndon said something totally stupid. e.g. "i'm scratching my butt." and ms. yip just shoots him this burning glare that made the temperature in the room drop fifteen degrees. i swear, lyndon's heart must've seized up and stopped and he muttered "sorry." then ms.yip goes "OK" and smiles. she's awesome.

our english teacher speaks with a drawl. it pisses us off. oh, cresbo's in my english class. he sits behind me and when i realized he was in that class, i "visibly twitched" as sarah put it. anyway, the drawl is just damn annoying. even more annoying than the way I speak when i've just woken up. [i.e. grunts and a few slurred words e.g. ngh. nedd tchoo peeeh. toassht furr beckfasht.]

some goals for the year: be more of a people person [e.g. please, kim, go introduce yourself to the new girls that hang around jess and wendy. don't be so hostile]. sometimes, i think my radiated retardedness scares people. i shall also finish all my homework. ON TIME. not only that, i will study for tests and resolve not to FALL ASLEEP while doing so. crap, that's gonna be a hard one to keep. i will no longer be a sucker for free food, nor will i take advantage of people who are willing to share their food with me. although, i might occasionally let someone pay for my meals. i will also exercise more [phys ed form class man, no joke].

oh, i forgot. i will learn to tread water [or 'float', as most people put it]. no longer shall i subject myself to the intense physical torture of dogpaddling in the diving pool [which is waaaay deeper than my legs can reach]. a commonly used analogy to describe my swimming abilities: have you ever seen a chicken swim? PRECISELY. chickens don't swim. they struggle frantically and stupidly while knowing that they will, inevitably, sink. jess describes the way i swim as "cute". i quote, "kim can't swim at all. it's so cute, cause she does her own thing and it doesn't work anyway" -_____________-

God has a WEIRD-AS sense of humour.

3 comments:

- z a r a t h o s - said...

wad. need me to look for moey olso?

hahahahahahhahahahahah

and my head is big. deal with it.

Chengaloony said...

quote: 'i seriously had to USE MY BRAIN.'

question: u hve a brain??

plz don't kill me.

:P

sarawr said...

you wont take advantage of people who are willing to share food with you?

i very vividly recall an incident on thursday during lunch when i was walking with my gingerbread in hand and someone just grabbed it outta my hand, took a bite, and shoved it back at me.

and repeated the action 3 times later in minute intervals. even before i could actually take a bite myself.

rock on kim (: the sharing-is-caring policy applies very much to the both of us =)