Sunday, May 25, 2008

for your 18th (and yes, this is a bribe)

For your 18th birthday,
Instead of nice underwear, I bought you cutesy flannel pyjamas and a pair of woolly socks (the underwear was Terry's suggestion).

On your 18th birthday,
I made you cry, then I told you with all honesty that no matter how hard you fanned your face, your nose would still be red.

For your 18th birthday,
Everyone made a video and said nice things about you, but all I could think of was how much I liked the way you speak ESL.


But on your 18th birthday,

I cannot help but smile at how you do such ridiculous things, but somehow still manage to look good doing them.


On your 18th birthday,
I remember moments like this, when we all had so much fun, even though this incident kinda hurt a bit. A lot.


On your 18th birthday,
I remember the time Alfred called your hair "puffy"; the time three of us sat on the oval and made stupid videos; the time you and Jess made us all late for Karina's birthday because of something to do with somebody's hair; G&T, 2007; and all the times you got angry with me because... okay, because I pissed you off.


But yes...


The point is,
That on your 18th birthday,

We all can't help but hope for another 18 years...

of hearing you speak ESL, just the way you do.


Happy birthday, Nigara.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww......its me nigara.....omg..i love u ...kim.....yay and im 18!!!! woot...