Tuesday, May 15, 2007

prayer of a lost child

dear Lord

forgive me my lack of conscientiousness in doing what i know should be done.
it is not that i can't, but that i won't.
i could; if only i would.
so forgive me the willpower i fail to possess;
forgive me the motivation i cannot muster;
forgive me the diligence i am so lacking.
forgive me the waste that i am making of the gift, given out of a love that surpasses the understanding of all beings in creation.

i ask for wisdom to know what is right, and for the strength to do it.
i ask for aim; a purpose, and for the incentive to pursue it.
i ask for a spirit; a spirit that wavers not in the face of temptation.
i ask for a sureness of mind to carry me through the valleys i'll face.
and i ask for a faith; one that flickers not, but one that burns true.

and Lord i want to thank You
for all the blessing that You've given
to thank You for all the gifts received
and indeed, for those that were not
to thank You for that which i have put to good use
and to seek apology for those i have not

for the people around me, i truly give thanks
for each hug i've received, every smile that's been given
all the times You've sent someone to brighten me up
each word that's been said is like sunshine through rain
for all this, i thank You
for friends so understanding, to support me when i can't
i pray that You'll watch over them and keep them safe from harm

for a love so great it's beyond amazing
nothing on earth could ever take it away
in five words or less, none else to be said
"Jesus, i love You", nothing more, nothing less

No comments: