Sunday, March 23, 2008

and again

Just a couple of weeks ago, two of my friends were discussing their diets.

It was scary.


"I'm on a milk diet. all I have is milk everyday."

"Really? You can eat, you know. I'll tell you what I do. Eat a little at breakfast, don't eat at lunch. You can eat a little if you want at dinner, but not until you're full. Just eat like, a couple of spoonfuls or something."

"Ugh... too complicated. I'll stick to just the milk."


What. The. Hell.

I cannot understand it. I can't. It just... blows my mind. It's not like they need to do that to themselves. Milk-girl weighs about 45kg and is about my height. Two-Spoonfuls is about 44kg and around 5'5".
What this means: BMI of 18 and 16 respectively (rounded up). Normal BMI for girls our age is 18.5-24.
What THAT means: They are both underweight.

Milk-girl is the friend who weighs herself three times a day.

I hang around with a bunch of generally very skinny people. I have a friend who's so skinny that her head looks too big for her body (yeah, like in cartoons). Out of all the girls I sit with at lunch, I think I'm the heaviest.

Nope, can't think of anyone who might be heavier.

And half of them think they need to lose weight.

I don't get it. I don't know how to tell them they're fine the way they are, and have them believe me.

It makes me sad.

2 comments:

Chengaloony said...

you're normal, and you're getting fat. rofl.

jsncruz said...

You're absolutely fine as it is now Kimbo. Your friends need a slap on the face back to get them back to reality.

I mean, yeah, I'm slightly obsessed with my body now too, but not in that way. Keeping healthy is one thing, killing yourself is another. *sighness*

I'm proud to be 5'5 and 68kg. =)
Not too bad, considering I can still flip myself in the air.