Wednesday, April 04, 2007

once and only once

one and a half hours till i turn 16.

the good ol' sweet sixteen.

it's funny. i don't feel like i'm turning a year older at all. when i was thirteen, i thought being fifteen was way old, and that fifteen year olds were really deep. but just last week, i realized i was fifteen, almost sixteen, and that being fifteen was really no different from being thirteen.

i had a very interesting conversation last with a girl i have never met in my life.


girl: hi, i'm fifteen today.
me: oh, ok. happy birthday then.
girl: yeah. how old are you?
me: i'm still fifteen.
girl:
oh, when do you turn sixteen?

me:
next week.

girl:
OOOOH... then you'll be legal to have sex!!

me:
err.. yeah.. i guess so.

girl:
ooh, just in time for the holidays too. *waggles eyebrows* i know what you'll be doing...


i find it funny how in australia, when you turn sixteen, you're allowed to LEGALLY have sex. no, you're not allowed your P plates, and you're not allowed to drink yet, but you can go have all the sex you want.

that aside, i really don't feel like i'm a year older. it's just another number.

but i'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

so here's to a great year with great people and fantastic grades [haha. wishful thinking on my part here]. i'm now going to set up a bed on the couch outside because my room has not been cleaned for so long, the dust is making my nose run and my eyes water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

birfdayy gurll

oooo.. i was there at the convo!!!

lallala. im soo up to date =P

Zeallie said...

HAPPY BDAY JIE! ^^ Luf yaa

Anonymous said...

gurl.. wheres a fresh new blog entry?