Saturday, December 03, 2005

the gap

maths yesterday, mr birrell suddenly goes "everyone stand up".. well, more like boomed, really. then he points to the front of the classroom, our signal to shuffle reluctantly across the recently recarpeted floor to the front.. he then says "reuben wants to take a class photo" and there is suddenly a mad dash to the front.. logically, whoever gets there first gets to stand at the back, which means less chance of actually being seen in the photo..

good thing i sit in the second row..

anyway, after much shifting [especially on jac's part, cause she didn't like standing where she was], i ended up standing next to cresbo.. it was really quite uncomfortable, the whiteboard was diging into my back cause i didn't wanna get to close to the people in front of me..

anyway, i carefully maneuvered people to stand directly in front of me to sheild me from the infrared rays of death [and embarassment].. karmen was the primary victim.. but she kept moving beyond what i had wanted, and it ended up that there was this HUUUUUUGE gap right smack in front of me and cresbo.. and we were totally exposed without mercy to the viewfinder of reuben's camera... GREAT.

and the best part was, cresbo kept going "there's a huge gap.. look at that gap.. someone move to stand in front of me"..

in the end, karmen was squashing half of me and my other half was probably in the middle of some weird gesture... at least i wasn't totally in view.. with luck, the picture might turn out dud..

sorry casper..

No comments: