Friday, December 23, 2005

neighbours

PMR results came out in Malaysia yesterday. for those of you who don't know what PMR is, it's the second most - if not most - important exam a Malaysian student will ever face [in their high school life]. probably the most though, cause if you don't pass this one, you dont get to take the next one. it's taken in form 3, equivalent to year 10 here in australia.

ok, anyway, the results came out yesterday and i'm happy to report that quite a few of my friends got straight As!!! my cousin got 7As and 1B for chinese. stupid chinese. brings the best people down. one of my friends told me he got 5A 2B and i thought he was bullshitting. he's one of those people you totally expect to get straight As, and he didn't. another one of my friends got 3As and a bunch of us felt really bad, cause we knew his result before he actually found out and.. yeah.. i was dead sure he'd get at least 5As. ok, i know some of you may not know the significance of this test, but it's a really big thing. he's gonna appeal for two of his tests cause according to the scores, he's supposed to get As, but the govt gave him Bs. told him to pray lots instead of swearing his head off. anyway...

i was talking to moey just now and he suddenly goes "i'm getting my dog back tomorrow". i dunno why [maybe i'm going senile] but that totally cracked me up. apparently the dad didn't like 'rockie' and gave him away to his sister's boyfriend. and they're getting him back because the boyfriend morphed into ex-boyfriend. reminded me of a dog i once had. we called him Leo, but we had to change it cause the kid next door was called Lyon [yes, i'm pretty sure it's spelt this way. i don't care what anyone else says]. we realized this was a problem when we called for our dog and Lyon came running up and went "yeah, you were looking for me?"

that was like.. ten years ago. i totally forgot about it until i met up with him in high school and he reminded me. it was soooo funny. and when all his friends heard about it, they started teasing him mercilessly about it. XD. good guy, he was. his dad was a doctor. very convenient, having a doctor live next to you.

argh. i'm starting to remember all this stuff about my neighbours. we used to have so much fun. except the house to my left, the house to my right, and the house behind mine were all filled with boys. but they treated me and my sis like boys too.. so it's all good. but that's another story.

tomorrow is Christmas eve. i'm not doing anything special. i have work tomorrow. i hope i dont have to work with the lovely guy who called me a twit and then very generously informed me that it means 'pregnant goldfish'.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

GOD BLESS YOU

No comments: